UEFI is starting on boot fix , IBM System x3250 M3
Today i am going to share my experience on how to fix UEFI is starting on boot when we want upgrading a RAM or want to change the RAM. This fix is only for IBM System x3250 M3(Server PC).
These are RAM’s which is previously installed in IBM System x3250 M3(Server PC).You can take a look if its same as yours. (IBM System x3250 M3)
Now take a look on new RAM you have purchased if its same as your old pre-installed one RAM. Probably you have purchased this one Samsung & you are trying to install.
Take a look on old and new RAM and find the difference in old and new RAM.
Well didn’t find any difference.Go to the shop again and ask him for UDIMM RAM PC3 2RX8 ECC 10600R frequency.This Samsung one is RDIMM RAM which your server is not supporting. if you want reference please go through this PDF its the manual of the IBM Server system X3200 M3. Click here to download IBM system X3200 Pdf Installation and User’s Guide for more details.
This is the only RAM which will work with IBM Server system X3200 M3. Go to the shop again and purchase this RAM and enjoy with your server.If you still face any problem during installation just comment below.
The following notes provide information that you must consider when you install UDIMMs:
- The memory channels run at the fastest common frequency of the installed DIMMs.
- Do not use both UDIMMs and RDIMMs in the same server.
- Using ECC and non-ECC UDIMMs in the server will cause the server to run in non-ECC mode.
- The UDIMM options that are available for the server are 1 GB, 2 GB, and 4 GB(when available) memory DIMMs.
- You can install a maximum of 16 GB of memory in some server models when you use UDIMMs.
- The server supports up to two single-rank or dual-rank UDIMMs per channel.
- DIMM slots 3 and 6 are not supported when you install UDIMMs in the server.
- Do not install DIMMs in these connectors.