Nowadays the technology is evolving very fast. so it is very simple and easy to do this task even you are not so technical. Dual boot operating system
There are number of software’s available online even freeware as well. if you do not want to us a software there are another way to make a dual boot machine. where you can install 2 or more operating systems in single machine. let me explain the software you can use and other ways possible. Below are some of the best virtual machine solutions available, each offering their own unique feature sets and platform compatibility.
- Oracle VM VirtualBox (Windows/Mac/Linux, Freeware): Oracle VM VirtualBox is a free and open-source hosted hypervisor for x86 computers currently being developed by Oracle Corporation.
- Grown initially by Innotek GmbH, it was acquired by Sun Microsystems in 2008 which was thus obtained by Oracle in 2010. VirtualBox is an incredible x86 and AMD64/Intel64 virtualization item for big business just as home use. Not exclusively is VirtualBox an incredibly include rich, elite item for big business clients, it is likewise the main expert arrangement that is uninhibitedly accessible as Open Source Software under the provisions of the GNU General Public License (GPL) form 2. See “About VirtualBox” for a presentation. click here to download most recent rendition of Oracle VM VirtualBox.
- VMware Workstation(Windows/Linux, Freeware, Premium ): VMware Workstation Pro is the industry standard for running multiple operating systems as virtual machines (VMs) on a single Linux or Windows PC. The IT professionals, developers and businesses mens who build, test or demo software for any device, platform or cloud depend’s on Workstation Pro. Download free version
- Parallels (Windows/Mac/Linux): Whether you need to run Windows programs that don’t have Mac versions, or you’re making the switch from PC to Mac and need to transfer your data, Parallels Desktop has you covered.A long-time favorite of Mac enthusiasts who occasionally need to run Windows, Parallels grants the ability to seamlessly run Windows and Mac applications side-by-side.
- QEMU(Linux, Free):QEMU is frequently the hypervisor of choice for Linux users, based on its zero-dollar price tag and easy-to-master full-system emulation tools. The open source emulator simulates an impressive range of hardware peripherals, using dynamic translation for ideal performance.Download freeware.
These are the top free free software’s you can to run 2 or more operating systems/dual boot operating system simultaneously. However if you want to install operating system without any software, which is generally called dual-boot operating system.
To make dual boot operating system you need to make some space free in any of the drive and make it as virtual HDD(hard disk). you can perform some cmd’s as well as you can use disk management to create virtual HDD in windows platform. I guess for you the best way is to create virtual disk using disk management. You can follow the steps to create virtual HDD.
Create virtual HDD | Dual boot operating system
- Right-click on My Computer and select to Manage. Also you can type diskmgmt.msc into the Start search box and then enter.
- The Computer Management screen opens click on Disk Management then Action and make VHD.
- Browse to the directory you would like the disk to reside, choose the dimensions you would like it to be, and choose dynamic or a hard and fast . If you would like the disk to expand in size as you add files thereto , then pick Dynamically expanding. Check Fixed size if you would like a selected size and for it to remain that way.
- In Disk Management you’ll see the virtual drive listed as unallocated space.
- To begin using it you’ll got to Right-click and choose Initialize Disk.
- In the below initialize disk window just keep MBR selected and hit OK.
- Now it’s time to make a volume by Right-clicking the unallocated space and choose New Simple Volume.
- After creating new simple volume now new Simple Volume Wizard starts up and it’s just a matter of completing it click next.
- Now Choose the size of space you would like to use for the disk volume.
- Assign it a dive letter that’s not currently getting used.
- After assigning Volume name then Format the new volume as NTFS, FAT32, or FAT. Check if you would like a fast format and file compression.
- Note the quick format is recommended
- Once the wizard is complete, you can click on Finish.
That is how you’ll create the virtual disk the perform simple dual boot OS installation. Boot with bootable flesh drive drive and install OS next time once you will start the PC it’ll ask to pick the OS . here you accompany dual boot OS . To form virtual disk using cmd follow the guide you can search over web how to create virtual disk using cmd.